RoncoShop.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RoncoShop.com

Your forum to talk about pressure washers and airless sprayers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ronferreira

Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on? Empty
PostSubject: Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on?   Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 pm

I have a pressure washer 3000 psi, that starts but doesnt hold pressure. Do any of you guys know what could be going on??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on?   Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:46 pm

You can check the pump packings, usually they worn out with usage, not letting the pressure washer hold pressure. If that doesnt solve the problem I'd recommend check the unloader after. The unloader is that part by the pump that you twist in order to regulate pressure (even though i wouldnt recommend anyone doing so, since you can regulate pressure by engine rotation).In order to do that, you would have to disconnect the unloader, connect the quick connector from the unloader back on the machine, and run the machine. When you do that ALWAYS have the trigger pressed on the gun and DO NOT let go, if you do not do so, there is a huge chance you might damage your pump. If the machine runs fine without the unloader, then you found the problem. If not then it should be the packings.
Back to top Go down
https://roncoshop.board-directory.net

Pressure washer does not hold pressure, what could be going on?
Page 1 of 1